- HP/Dell x86 blade and rack mounted server models
- SUSE SLES v10 and v11
- CentOS 6.x +
- RedHat Linux v6.x +
- MS Windows Server 2012 or higher
- Some working knowledge of IBM AIX and Oracle/Sun Solaris desirable
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Systems Center
- Red Hat KVM desirable
Knowledge of Infrastructure & Middleware platforms to the extent needed to provide solutions/designs:
- Network logical architectures (proxy DMZ, Load Balancing, VLANS, L3 switching, firewalls, routing)
- Knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition releases
Additional technologies of interest that would be beneficial:
- Security Infrastructure design and support (IDS, IPS, Firewalls, etc)
- Experience deploying Cloud based solutions over AWS, Azure, etc.
- Active Directory/LDAP
- NetApp, Hitachi and IBM Storage arrays
- Veritas NetBackup
- Brocade SAN switches
- Process Oriented skills
- Strong experience working in complex midrange server environments
- Experience working as an infrastructure architect or solution engineer (or comparable role).
- Ability to compare different vendor offerings and make decisions based on best fit for the requirement
- Extensive experience researching, designing and implementing industry-standard server management tools and utilities
- Strong technical background in data center technologies including racking. Power, IP networking, physical cabling and facilities management
Technology Methodologies – Project Management skills preferred
- ITIL Certification preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of formal Change, Incident & Problem Management methods
- Demonstrable knowledge of Performance & Capacity Management methods Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline is desirable
- Strong analytical, design, engineering, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Vendor Management to refine designs and stay current on industry solutions
- Good communicator (written and verbal); presentation delivery; business writing.
- Organised; time management; ability to prioritise; planner.
- Requirements definition and management.
- Technical Skills (Network, H/w configuration, s/w products)
- Strong IT Operations background in service integration and service delivery
- Strong Performance and capacity skills
- Appreciation of Project Management
- Appreciation of Service Management and ITILv3.
Country/BU Specific Competency –
- Knowledge of credit reporting industry and Equifax products or Financial Services desirable
- Ability to read/write technical Spanish would be an advantage
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry essential (e.g. PCI. FCA)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage on Business Unit projects to elicit requirements, specifications and project scope
- Produce conceptual designs and cost estimates for midrange server solutions, adhering to architecture standards
- Create Detailed Designs and Build Instructions for project Build teams
- Support Project Managers in a consultative capacity during project implementations
- Provide Level 3 diagnosis and advanced troubleshooting when required
- Innovative, passionate, self-motivated, proactive, collaborator.
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership: positive, flexible, delivery-focused.
- Constantly looking for better ways to deliver value to the Business.
- Commitment to quality and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work with multi-vendor, multi-cultural and remote, virtualized teams
- Ability to quickly switch between priorities without losing momentum
- A self-starter with strong personal motivation to succeed
- Will challenge methods and processes, and propose improvements
- Willing to accept occasional unsocial working hours when required
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
TRAVEL: Telecommuting not available Travel not required
CONTACT: (980) 292-5750
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.